Back from our anniversary/babymoon – local food, fun at the beach, frequent naps in the shade, and wonderfully attentive hotel staff, esp. when they found out I was pregnant. Highlight of the trip was feeling our baby flutter while lazing by the pool! It’s like tiny bubbles, butterflies or those spa fish in your tummy 😀
Monthly baby checkup before we return to work tomorrow: Still a boy, spine and organs developing well, fetal measurements and both our weight gains on track.
Also caught baby upside down for the first time on ultrasound — guess he’s been living it up too inside mommy this past week!
We’re off to Langkawi to celebrate our 6th anniversary and expose our little one to Malaysia, truly Asia 🙂
Can’t wait to reap the rewards of our first baby-related shopping last weekend – comfy tops and dresses, plus storage bins for the wardrobe I can’t fit in anymore which will help clear space for all the new baby stuff to come. Here’s my WIP first-time checklist, culled from various sources ( Mothercare, Parenting.com, etc.). Any recs on where to buy or borrow, do let me know!
- Infant car seat (best models recline when detached, allow the baby to rock or bounce)
- Wearable soft carrier (slings make nursing easier – kampung style!)
- Crib light
- Cot, mattress and bedding
- Changing mat
- Extra pull out bed (for storage, convertible into a kids bed)
- Baby sleeping bag or blanket
- Baby swing
- Diapers, diaper disposal method and diaper ointment (loads and loads of nappies!)
- Baby bathtub and tub seat
- Baby toiletries (hooded towels, baby shampoos, infant nail clippers, soft hairbrush)
- First baby clothes
- First baby toys and toy bar
- Baby listening monitor
- Feeding equipment (bottles, steriliser)
- Stroller (for later)
- High chair (for later)